i.design Effix Crea, a high-performance mortar
i.design EFFIX Crea had been developed to produce non-structural cement elements for use as outdoor or indoor furnishing pieces, such as urban furniture, lamps and spotlights, kitchen toppings, sinks, bathtubs, tiles, art objects and much more. It allows obtaining slim and decorative elements made with the greatest attention to detail. The high surface yield of the pieces produced, which may also have polished glossy surfaces, is perfect for high range design needs.
It plays with shapes and materials. Easy to work, it is especially suitable for making small architectural elements, thin and slim, with smooth or worked surfaces. Plasticity and performance for a broad range of applications.
Tips & Advice
- Work at an ambient temperature between 5° C and 25° C. Ambient temperature can actually affect application time as follows: about 5°C: < 90 minutes / about 20°C: < 45 minutes / about 25°C: < 5 minutes
- In hot weather, store bags at a temperature below the ambient air and mix cold water to extend workability time.
- Ensure that all mould/formwork joints are properly sealed to prevent leakage; in case they are not, use silicone joints to fill leaks, if any.
- All surfaces in contact with i.design EFFIX CREA should be clean and coated with a thin layer of highgrade formwork/mould release oil. The use of clean, proper brushes or clothes is absolutely necessary for this step.
- Provide effective protection against desiccation (dryingout), especially when manufacturing thin and long elements (i.e. those featuring a significant exposed surface/volume ratio). The use of wet non-woven fabrics and plastic sheets or the even distribution of an antievaporation agent has been shown to provide an adequate solution to the problem.
- Protect from frost, wind and direct sun during setting and hardening.
- Removal of formwork/mould can be performed after 18-24 hours.
- After demoulding, elements must be kept wet (or be immersed in water at 20°C) for at least 7 days. During early curing, avoid storage in hot, dry and windy weather.
- The use of a suitable surface protection product is highly advisable : Masters PU Ecodur Sealer
- i.design EFFIX CREA is sold in "ivory" only. You can color it with a liquid dye concentrate.